Your Official Rules
1. PARTICIPATION CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF RULES AND DECISIONS, CONSENT TO USE AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS. By entering this contest, each Participant warrants that he or she is older than 12 years of age, has read and agrees to abide by all contest rules ("Official Rules") and that he or she is not prohibited from participating in the contest. Participation in this contest constitutes Participant's (if 18 years of age or older), or Participant's parent/guardian’s (if older than 12 but younger than 18), full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions and interpretations thereof by Russell Brands, LLC (“Russell”) and the Judging Panel (as defined below), which are final, binding and non-negotiable in all respects. Russell, its subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective officers, directors and employees are collectively referred to herein as the "Released Entities." Each Participant (if 18 years of age or older) or the parent/guardian of each Participant (if older than 12 but younger than 18) (individually and collectively the "Participant") releases, discharges, indemnifies and holds harmless the Released Entities, Offerpop, the Judging Panel, and the Bowl (as defined below) from any liability arising from or related to the contest and/or the receipt or use of the prizes awarded in connection with the contest, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy. Further, Participant fully and unconditionally releases, by way of example and not limitation, all claims for consideration, violation of the right of publicity or privacy, copyright infringement and all other claims of any nature relating to the use of Participant's entry, name or likeness, and all other claims of any nature based on the use of the entry and all materials incorporated therein, including written, photographic or video materials and any information provided to Russell by Participant.
2. ELIGIBILITY. This contest is open to entries relating to any high school athletic program in the United States that is affiliated with an official athletic association (e.g., state high school athletic association or independent schools athletic association). Proof of such affiliation must be furnished upon request. Employees and agents of the Released Entities and immediate family members of all such persons are not eligible to enter the contest. Russell reserves the right at its sole discretion to: (i) cancel, terminate, modify, suspend or amend this contest at any time for any reason without prior notice, (ii) amend these Official Rules at any time without prior notice, at its sole discretion, and (iii) disqualify any entrant for any reason, including, but not limited to, violation of these Official Rules or infringement of the rights of a third party. This promotion is void where prohibited by law. The Released Entities are not responsible for any printing or typographical errors in any material associated with the contest.
3. TO ENTER. This contest will run between September 15, 2015, 9:00 a.m., Central Daylight Time and December 4, 2015, midnight, Central Standard Time. To enter this contest, Participant must visit www.fightlikedylan.org, providing a description of difficult or tragic circumstances or other extreme adversity faced by a high school team, the impact those circumstances had on the team, and how the team overcame those circumstances. Postings should be as specific as possible and may not exceed 500 words in length. A team picture may also be posted, but is not required. All postings must be received no later than 11:59 p.m., Central Standard Time, December 4, 2015 to be eligible to win this contest ("Eligible Entries"). Postings received after this time will not be valid or considered. Electronic entries will be considered to have been made by the individual associated with the username and/or email account from which the entry is received. Persons submitting entries under false pretenses will be disqualified. The Released Entities reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with or otherwise attempts to manipulate the entry process. Caution: any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, the Released Entities reserve the right to prosecute and seek damages to the fullest extent of the law. The Released Entities are not responsible for telecommunications, network, electronic, technical or computer failures of any kind, including but not limited to garbled, mis-sent, lost, or stolen computer transmissions or defects or errors relating to the submission of entries. Postings will be reviewed by Russell before they are released for publication. Upon submission, all entries (including any photographs submitted) become the property of Russell for promotional and other use.
4. PRIZE. One (1) Eligible Entry will be chosen by December 12, 2015 by an independent panel selected by Russell (that will be identified on Fightlikedylan.org) (the “Judging Panel”) based on the Judging Panel’s opinion of the team’s entry and the team’s courage, commitment and overcoming difficult circumstances or adversity. All decisions of the Judging Panel are final, binding and non-negotiable. The high school athletic department of the team associated with the winning entry will receive a team uniform and/or equipment grant from Russell valued at U.S. $50,000 (at Russell catalog prices) and a paid trip for two (2) of its coaches or other designated representatives to attend the Russell Athletic Bowl (the “Bowl”) at [Florida Citrus Bowl Stadium in Orlando, FL] in late December 2015. The paid trip for 2 includes roundtrip airfare (or mileage reimbursement if trip is within 300 miles) and hotel accommodations for 3 nights. Representatives must attend the Bowl awards banquet on in late December. The prize may not be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash. Only one (1) prize will be awarded.
5. IDENTIFICATION OF WINNER. Russell will notify the winner by phone or e-mail on or about December 12, 2015. The winning school and its designated representatives must accept the prize by signing and returning the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release(s) no later than December 17, 2015. No prize will be awarded until such documentation is received by Russell. NO PRIZE WILL BE AWARDED UNLESS AND UNTIL THE SCHOOL’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. The winning school is responsible for any taxes associated with the prize.
6. SPONSOR. Russell Brands, LLC, One Fruit of the Loom Drive, Bowling Green, KY 42103.
7. ODDS. The odds of winning depend on the number of Eligible Entries received.
8. MISCELLANEOUS. By posting an entry in this contest, Participant authorizes the Released Entities to contact Participant for commercial purposes via telephone, e-mail or social media message. This Agreement is governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Kentucky, without giving effect to conflicts of law rules. By posting an entry, Participant consents to the exclusive venue and jurisdiction of the state and federal courts of Bowling Green, Kentucky, as to all disputes arising out of or related to these Official Rules.
By posting an entry in this contest, Participant hereby grants to the Released Entities the right to use, edit, publish, and reproduce, for all purposes, including publicity, promotion, and advertising, in any medium or format whether now known or to be developed or discovered in the future, his or her image, voice, likeness, distinctive appearance, gestures, name, signature and/or mannerisms, and any and all material posted, including any image Participant has submitted (collectively, "Publicity Materials"). Participant gives the Publicity Materials to Russell free of charge, and acknowledges that the Publicity Materials may be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary and may be used by the Released Entities for any purpose, without Participant's consent or any compensation to him/her, or anyone else. Participant waives any rights to inspect or approve the Publicity Materials, any edits thereto, or the advertising or other copy that may be used in connection therewith or the use to which the Publicity Materials may be applied. Participant hereby releases, discharges and holds the Released Entities, the Judging Panel, and the Bowl harmless from any and all liability and/or damages arising out of or in connection with the Publicity Materials and the use of any other materials resulting from his/her participation in this contest. These Official Rules are irrevocable, effective in perpetuity and throughout the world, and apply to the Released Entities, the Judging Panel, the Bowl, and their respective assigns, designees, contractors, sub-licensees, distributors, successors, and agents. Participant has read and understands these Official Rules, which are binding upon Participant and Participant's heirs, legal representatives and assigns
Participant does hereby irrevocably assign, grant, transfer and convey to Russell all of Participant's worldwide right, title and interest in and to the Publicity Materials, including all related intellectual property rights, such as the rights under the Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. § 101 et seq., the Lanham Act, 15 U.S.C. § 1051 et seq. and otherwise. Upon the request of Russell, Participant will take all reasonable actions (including signing documents) necessary to give effect to such assignment. Participant forever transfers and/or waives any "moral" rights under copyright or other U.S. law or any other laws in any jurisdiction in the Publicity Materials, and forever transfers to Russell and/or waives any right of integrity or attribution that he/she may possess in the Publicity Materials. Participant represents and warrants that the Publicity Materials do not infringe any patent, trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, publicity rights or other rights of any person or entity, and that Participant owns or otherwise has the right to use the Publicity Materials in this contest.